I have officially completed my first visit! Gamma Zeta was INCREDIBLE. I got to work with so may awesome collegians, alumnae and National Officers to meet our goal of meeting quota and getting to chapter total. (For my non Greek friends out there, quota is the max number of women a sorority can pledge during Formal Recruitment and total is the maximum size each sorority can be on campus). You always want to meet quota and total because that means that a lot of women want to join your group and that you are usually comparable in size to other sororities on campus. This was very exciting for Gamma Zeta to accomplish. It was all due to the hard work put in by everyone involved. I definitely felt like a true TLC (first one up, last one to bed) during this trip as sometimes Sharon and my days would end at 3:00am and begin again at around 6:00am. It was all worth it though!! I was very sad that I didn't get to be there to find out the great news, but when I checked my phone when my plane landed yesterday I had many happy texts.
I am pumped to be here in Iowa for the next few weeks. The girls had a welcome bag for me with all of my favorite treats and I have my own room! Here is a picture of the house:

I started off the visit on a great foot by accidentally locking myself out of my room while I showered and had to track down the House Manager in my towel. Oops. At least I won't make that mistake twice. :)
In other news, I came home today to a package from the Silver Spring Alumnae chapter with a bunch of snacks, some Burt's Bees chapsticks and other fun stuff and a gift card to Starbucks! It was a great thing to open up after a long day of workshop. I am so appreciative!
So far I am obviously really enjoying the job (though I miss my friends and family tons) and can already tell this year is going to go by super fast.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Are those new plants along the sidewalk? I can't tell..hope you're haveing funnn!
ReplyDeletehaha maybe! this is the picture from the zta housing website, i haven't had a chance to get out there and take any of my own yet!
ReplyDeleteWow Elise, sounds like you are having the time of your life! And it's work! You will remember these times and new friends forever. What a great opportunity this is for you. Keep up with the blogs. I, being a person who never went to college am amazed by all this.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're taking your vitamins!!
ReplyDelete