So it has been one month since I left my friends, family and dog to go to training and begin traveling. Here is what I have learned so far:
(I'm counting down because its more dramatic that way)
10. Airport time is fun! Layovers give time to regroup, refocus for the next visit and have some me-time. I haven't had a layover where I have had to run to my terminal just yet, and hopefully it stays that way!
9. Everywhere looks like Maryland. I'm not kidding. The humidity level may change, but with the exception of New Orleans (not that I saw much of it :), I haven't had a "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" feeling yet. When I'm in El Paso, Texas next month that might happen, though.
8. Facebook is my lifeline to the outside world. Even though I don't have time to comment, rest assured that I am stalking all of you regularly. And I am so excited for everyone who is also starting new adventures right now!
7. You are in charge of your own life out here on the road. If you need food or to run to Target, you have to ask for it, or no one will know that you need it. I've been lucky and had very accommodating hostesses, but I have also had to get over the feeling of inconveniencing people just to have my basic needs met.
6. Eating breakfast is a great idea! I guess you were right, Mom.
5. My TLC sisters are awesome support! They know exactly what I am going through and are always there to commiserate with, share a laugh with or just chat because we want to know how the other is doing. Love you ladies!
4. Many things that I thought I "had to pack" I really don't need at all. Expect another package coming home soon, family.
3. This job will increase my Zeta wardrobe exponentially. I have already gotten 6 or 7 free t-shirts from just 2 visits.
2. I love the school atmosphere (at any level) and was totally jealous of all the Univ of Iowa students who had their first day of class yesterday. Guess its a good thing I want to be a teacher!
1. I love Zeta! I am definitely doing what I am supposed to be doing and am really loving the job! Can't wait to find out my next schedule and see what lies ahead after Univ of Texas, El Paso.
Hope everyone is doing well!!
Elise thanks for sharing about your airport experiences. I feel the same about airport lag time. Send me where you will be in your next round. ZL-Mimi
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Love the countdown idea. I may have to steal it one day...
ReplyDeleteGet ready for your "im not in kansas" el paso moment! Its coming! Go to the dunes!! it will blow your mind!
ReplyDeleteI am so far over inconveniencing people!
I seriously never ate breakfast till I NOW! Its a must!! once the day starts you are likely to forget! However, there have been food visit where all I did was eat meal after meal. Love me some CHARLESTON!!!!
MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
Love the "getting over inconveniencing" people thing. I still don't know how to do that! You're growing up so fast Little Lisey! ;)
ReplyDelete