Anyway, with this new information came a totally new sense of excitement because now I have a more concrete idea of what to be excited about! I feel like the job is actually about to start and I can't wait! If you need me, I'll be compulsively checking the ZTA TLCs 2010-2011 Facebook group. :)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
"There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it." -- Charles Dudley Warner
Finally, what all of us future TLCs have been waiting for- more information!! I got a wonderful package from ZTA in the mail yesterday and was dying to open it. Only problem was that it had arrived to my house in Thurmont and I am still here in College Park. Luckily, my Dad was willing to meet me halfway to hand it off so that my curiosity and excitement would not literally kill me. Inside was my very own copy of "Ready, Set, Recruit," which I am sure will be very useful to me over the next year, as includes everything you could ever possibly want to know about the process of taking in new members to the soroity. Also in the box were some papers for us to fill out regarding our meal preferences and any colleges/states we would like to request to visit next year. I don't think that tooo much consideration is given to what we request, but like the form says- it doesn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a few in mind, but I would love some input!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You sound like you are ready to hop on that plane and GO! I would recommend Colorado. Since Gary moved there, everyone that a I talked to about it (including Gary) says its beautiful! Also the pacific NW is very pretty. That's where I'm originally from and every time I go visit I am amazed at how nice it is. (Summer is less rainy). Also driving through Idaho a couple of summers ago was breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteWe have Oxford and Cambridge Universities on this side of the pond! I have to say though Elise, I am a little nervous for you to be traveling by yourself all over the U.S. I know, I probably sound just like your dad!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with my mother (can't say that happens often:)) about the NW. Oregon and Washington are great! I'd also have to add TN, NC, and AZ to that list. They are just warm, sunny, and friendly places in general with great landscapes!
ReplyDeleteStates in the Pacific NW were actually already on my list! We have a chapter at University of Washington that I would love to visit. I've also heard great things about CO, TN and AZ and we have a bunch of chapters in NC so I'm sure I'll end up there at some point.
ReplyDeleteUncle Joe- You do sound like Dad haha. He gets nervous when I go to the mall by myself. Unfortunately we don't have ZTA chapters in England but don't think I've forgotten about coming over there! It is definitely something I'll be saving for this next year :)
I just wanna know. Which masked Zeta is the REAL Little Lisey?
ReplyDelete