Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Iowa

My time in Iowa is (unfortunately) about to come to an end. On Sunday morning I will leave these lovely ladies and head to my next stop at UTEP. Recruitment here ended yesterday with Bid Day, where we celebrated all of Alpha Omicron's newest members. Here are some pictures from the event-


The bus they dropped the new members back to their dorms in


The inflatable obstacle course they rented for the day! So fun!


Huge ZTA letters and a strawberry- one of our symbols.

One of my favorite parts of this visit was handing out pink ribbons for Breast Cancer Awareness and Education at the first football game on Saturday. It was really fun to be in the college football atmosphere again, though it made me sad that I won't be in College Park for any Terps games this season. So many of the fans were super receptive- some even shared with us that they are survivors- and even donated money for the cause. We raised over $600 in just an hour and a half and handed out 5,000+ pink ribbons! One if my favorite things about ZTA is how members all over the country are so dedicated to our philanthropy. Here is a picture from that day-



Though it will be sad to leave Iowa, I am very excited to go to UTEP. This will be my third trip to the state of Texas and I loved both Austin and South Padre when I went there on trips. This recruitment will be a lot different than the other two chapter visits I have done so far, as there are only three sororities on the campus with pretty small membership totals. Also, the ZTA at UTEP does not have a chapter house so I will be staying with a member of the Executive Council in her apartment. Definitely will be a different experience but I am excited to see another new part of the country, as I have never been to El Paso.

1 comment:

  1. I know this sounds crazy because I am living my dream here in England, but I am so envious of you getting to go to all those states in the US. I've never been to Texas and would love to see it. And you are not just going through them, but actually staying a while. I'm so glad you get to do this, and, you are thoroughly enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete